PHOENIX — Foreclosures in Arizona continue to follow a downward trend, though they still remain among the highest in the nation.
Recent data from the CoreLogic real estate research firm ranked Phoenix fifth nationwide for foreclosures among major U.S. markets.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Valley had more than 9,700 foreclosures between May 2013 and May 2014.
Phoenix still had more repossessed homes than Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle and Washington even after a decrease in foreclosure and delinquent mortgage rates.
Two percent of Phoenix mortgages were 90 or more day delinquent in May — down from 3.2 percent a year ago.
Nationally, the seriously delinquent home loans and foreclosure rate on existing mortgage was 4.4 percent and 1.7 percent, respectively.
The same two indicators come in at 2 percent and 0.5 percent in the Valley and 2.2 percent and the same 0.5 percent statewide.
The states that followed Phoenix with most foreclosures were Atlanta,Ga., Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla., Orlando, Fla., and Chicago, Ill.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy