PHOENIX — Foreclosures in Arizona continue to follow a downward trend, though they still remain among the highest in the nation.
Recent data from the CoreLogic real estate research firm ranked Phoenix fifth nationwide for foreclosures among major U.S. markets.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Valley had more than 9,700 foreclosures between May 2013 and May 2014.
Phoenix still had more repossessed homes than Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle and Washington even after a decrease in foreclosure and delinquent mortgage rates.
Two percent of Phoenix mortgages were 90 or more day delinquent in May — down from 3.2 percent a year ago.
Nationally, the seriously delinquent home loans and foreclosure rate on existing mortgage was 4.4 percent and 1.7 percent, respectively.
The same two indicators come in at 2 percent and 0.5 percent in the Valley and 2.2 percent and the same 0.5 percent statewide.
The states that followed Phoenix with most foreclosures were Atlanta,Ga., Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla., Orlando, Fla., and Chicago, Ill.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development