PHOENIX — Foreclosures in Arizona continue to follow a downward trend, though they still remain among the highest in the nation.
Recent data from the CoreLogic real estate research firm ranked Phoenix fifth nationwide for foreclosures among major U.S. markets.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, the Valley had more than 9,700 foreclosures between May 2013 and May 2014.
Phoenix still had more repossessed homes than Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle and Washington even after a decrease in foreclosure and delinquent mortgage rates.
Two percent of Phoenix mortgages were 90 or more day delinquent in May — down from 3.2 percent a year ago.
Nationally, the seriously delinquent home loans and foreclosure rate on existing mortgage was 4.4 percent and 1.7 percent, respectively.
The same two indicators come in at 2 percent and 0.5 percent in the Valley and 2.2 percent and the same 0.5 percent statewide.
The states that followed Phoenix with most foreclosures were Atlanta,Ga., Tampa-St. Petersburg, Fla., Orlando, Fla., and Chicago, Ill.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night