PHOENIX — Sedona is known for its red rocks and for being a vacationer’s paradise in the middle of the Arizona desert.
The Huffington Post released a list of the 10 best small cities in America, placing Sedona ninth.
The list is based on results from a Conde Nast Traveler reader survey.
Sedona, with a population of 10,000, was praised for its natural beauty, soaring mesas and sculptural canyon walls that loom over the town.
A favorite for classic Hollywood Western shoots, and home to artists and retirees, mountain bikers and New Age healers, there’s no denying the ultra-eclectic vibe here.
Atop the list is Santa Fe, N.M., for its symbolic art, architecture, food and crafts of centuries of Native American Spanish and Mexican influence.
Small cities also acknowledged were: Carmel-by-the-Sea, Calif., Napa, Calif., Telluride, Colo., Newport, R.I., Santa Barbara, Calif., Jackson Hole, Wyo., Aspen, Colo. and Key West, Fla.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night