PHOENIX — Sedona is known for its red rocks and for being a vacationer’s paradise in the middle of the Arizona desert.
The Huffington Post released a list of the 10 best small cities in America, placing Sedona ninth.
The list is based on results from a Conde Nast Traveler reader survey.
Sedona, with a population of 10,000, was praised for its natural beauty, soaring mesas and sculptural canyon walls that loom over the town.
A favorite for classic Hollywood Western shoots, and home to artists and retirees, mountain bikers and New Age healers, there’s no denying the ultra-eclectic vibe here.
Atop the list is Santa Fe, N.M., for its symbolic art, architecture, food and crafts of centuries of Native American Spanish and Mexican influence.
Small cities also acknowledged were: Carmel-by-the-Sea, Calif., Napa, Calif., Telluride, Colo., Newport, R.I., Santa Barbara, Calif., Jackson Hole, Wyo., Aspen, Colo. and Key West, Fla.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life