PHOENIX — Arizona is nearly at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the overall well-being of children.
The Children’s Action Alliance, in partnership with the Annie E. Casey Foundation, released two new comprehensive data reports, and the State of Arizona received abysmal markings.
The Arizona KIDS COUNT Data Book ranks Arizona 46th in the nation when factoring in key components, such as poverty, preschool attendance and dropout rates.
“We have to do something,” said Dana Wolfe Naimark, president and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance. “We are looking for community groups, neighborhoods, families and our elected officials to put this information into action to improve health, education and security.”
And with election season really ramping up, Naimark said the welfare of children should be a top priority for the candidates.
“During this campaign season, we expect every candidate to use the data to develop public policy to improve conditions for children,” Naimark said.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development