PHOENIX — Arizona is nearly at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the overall well-being of children.
The Children’s Action Alliance, in partnership with the Annie E. Casey Foundation, released two new comprehensive data reports, and the State of Arizona received abysmal markings.
The Arizona KIDS COUNT Data Book ranks Arizona 46th in the nation when factoring in key components, such as poverty, preschool attendance and dropout rates.
“We have to do something,” said Dana Wolfe Naimark, president and CEO of Children’s Action Alliance. “We are looking for community groups, neighborhoods, families and our elected officials to put this information into action to improve health, education and security.”
And with election season really ramping up, Naimark said the welfare of children should be a top priority for the candidates.
“During this campaign season, we expect every candidate to use the data to develop public policy to improve conditions for children,” Naimark said.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them