PHOENIX — A Gilbert tour company says that despite the recent violence in Israel and the FAA’s suspension of U.S. flights to Tel Aviv, it’s going ahead with plans for its upcoming tour of the Holy Land.
Magnificat Tours said its pilgrimages to Israel with Father Carlos Gomez, of Phoenix, are a life-changing, spiritual experience. The tour visits Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, the Sea of Galilee and more.
Magnificat owner Gary Appleberry said the next tour from Phoenix is set for Nov. 4.
“We fly to Washington-Dulles Airport, then to Vienna, and then to Tel Aviv,” he said.
Thirteen people are signed up for the tour so far. Appleberry said that one has expressed concern because of the recent attacks but has not asked for a refund.
Appleberry’s Israeli contacts tell him that so far, except for Tel Aviv, the places where the tour goes are safe.
“Jerusalem and the holy sites aren’t seeing much of anything,” he said. “Everything seems to be more down towards the Gaza Strip.”
He said that if the tour is going to be called off, he’s required to cancel it by Oct. 4 and refund the $3,900 fee. So far, he’s not concerned, but the safety of those who are on the tour comes first.
“From my experience, and from what I’ve seen, most of these wars in Israel are short-lived,” said Appleberry. “If they have a ceasefire and it calms down, we’ll go. If it doesn’t, we won’t.”
More for more information on the tours of the Holy Land, click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development