PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man, known as the High Jump Bandit, believed to have robbed at least five Valley banks in the past two months.
“He is … jumping the counter and intimidating and threatening people,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump.
The suspect robbed the following banks on the following dates:
BMO Harris Bank, 4835 E. Warner Road, on May 21.
Mid First Bank, 4750 E. Chandler Blvd., on May 21.
Sun West Credit Union, 302 E. McDowell Road, on June 3.
Mid First Bank, 787 E. Elliot Road, on July 2.
Bank of America, 5065 E. Elliot Road, on July 15.
The suspect is described as a white male. He is between 35 and 40 years old, stands between 5-foot-9 and 6-foot-1 and weighs between 180 and 200 pounds. He has a shaved head and a dark or tan complexion.
Anyone with information on these robberies or the suspect is asked to contact Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo and Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food