PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man, known as the High Jump Bandit, believed to have robbed at least five Valley banks in the past two months.
“He is … jumping the counter and intimidating and threatening people,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump.
The suspect robbed the following banks on the following dates:
BMO Harris Bank, 4835 E. Warner Road, on May 21.
Mid First Bank, 4750 E. Chandler Blvd., on May 21.
Sun West Credit Union, 302 E. McDowell Road, on June 3.
Mid First Bank, 787 E. Elliot Road, on July 2.
Bank of America, 5065 E. Elliot Road, on July 15.
The suspect is described as a white male. He is between 35 and 40 years old, stands between 5-foot-9 and 6-foot-1 and weighs between 180 and 200 pounds. He has a shaved head and a dark or tan complexion.
Anyone with information on these robberies or the suspect is asked to contact Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo and Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America