PHOENIX — Police are searching for a man, known as the High Jump Bandit, believed to have robbed at least five Valley banks in the past two months.
“He is … jumping the counter and intimidating and threatening people,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Trent Crump.
The suspect robbed the following banks on the following dates:
BMO Harris Bank, 4835 E. Warner Road, on May 21.
Mid First Bank, 4750 E. Chandler Blvd., on May 21.
Sun West Credit Union, 302 E. McDowell Road, on June 3.
Mid First Bank, 787 E. Elliot Road, on July 2.
Bank of America, 5065 E. Elliot Road, on July 15.
The suspect is described as a white male. He is between 35 and 40 years old, stands between 5-foot-9 and 6-foot-1 and weighs between 180 and 200 pounds. He has a shaved head and a dark or tan complexion.
Anyone with information on these robberies or the suspect is asked to contact Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo and Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development