PHOENIX — The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is looking to the skies for its latest woes.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is mulling over a plan that would place restrictions on building heights near airports all across the country, including Phoenix Sky Harbor, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
The FAA is considering the restrictions as it looks at flight paths near airports and giving planes more room to maneuver if they have engine problems.
Airlines worry that they will have to cut passenger and cargo loads in order to abide by FAA rules if there is development around airports.
If the construction restrictions happen, it could cut the building heights of ASU and Town Lake by 25 percent.
This isn’t the first time the FAA and the Tempe-Phoenix area have butted heads: A previous plan to build what is now the University of Phoenix Stadium on Salt River Project-owned land failed. Most recently, the 30-story West 6th complex on Mill Avenue created concerns.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development