PHOENIX — The Tempe Chamber of Commerce is looking to the skies for its latest woes.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is mulling over a plan that would place restrictions on building heights near airports all across the country, including Phoenix Sky Harbor, the Phoenix Business Journal reported.
The FAA is considering the restrictions as it looks at flight paths near airports and giving planes more room to maneuver if they have engine problems.
Airlines worry that they will have to cut passenger and cargo loads in order to abide by FAA rules if there is development around airports.
If the construction restrictions happen, it could cut the building heights of ASU and Town Lake by 25 percent.
This isn’t the first time the FAA and the Tempe-Phoenix area have butted heads: A previous plan to build what is now the University of Phoenix Stadium on Salt River Project-owned land failed. Most recently, the 30-story West 6th complex on Mill Avenue created concerns.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets