PHOENIX — Whether it is to save money on gas, become more active or be more environmentally friendly, more and more people every day are opting to commute using bicycles.
According to a list by TravelPulse, Tempe is one of the seven most bike-friendly cities worldwide.
Tempe’s 175 miles of biking routes encourage a more bike-friendly atmosphere.
Like every college town, vibrancy consumes the city as charming shops and picturesque buildings line the streets, providing the perfect backdrop when using pedal power to explore its dynamic features.
Papago Park’s extensive biking routes were mentioned as well as CrosstownCrawler, the 15-person pedal bikes that allow groups to pedal to their favorite spots in the city while socializing with friends and co-workers.
The rest of the six cities mentioned along with Tempe were Basel, Switzerland, Perth, Australia, Saskatoon, Canada, Boulder, Colo., Bogota, Colombia and Amsterdam, in no particular order.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon