PHOENIX — Whether it is to save money on gas, become more active or be more environmentally friendly, more and more people every day are opting to commute using bicycles.
According to a list by TravelPulse, Tempe is one of the seven most bike-friendly cities worldwide.
Tempe’s 175 miles of biking routes encourage a more bike-friendly atmosphere.
Like every college town, vibrancy consumes the city as charming shops and picturesque buildings line the streets, providing the perfect backdrop when using pedal power to explore its dynamic features.
Papago Park’s extensive biking routes were mentioned as well as CrosstownCrawler, the 15-person pedal bikes that allow groups to pedal to their favorite spots in the city while socializing with friends and co-workers.
The rest of the six cities mentioned along with Tempe were Basel, Switzerland, Perth, Australia, Saskatoon, Canada, Boulder, Colo., Bogota, Colombia and Amsterdam, in no particular order.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain