PHOENIX — Whether it is to save money on gas, become more active or be more environmentally friendly, more and more people every day are opting to commute using bicycles.
According to a list by TravelPulse, Tempe is one of the seven most bike-friendly cities worldwide.
Tempe’s 175 miles of biking routes encourage a more bike-friendly atmosphere.
Like every college town, vibrancy consumes the city as charming shops and picturesque buildings line the streets, providing the perfect backdrop when using pedal power to explore its dynamic features.
Papago Park’s extensive biking routes were mentioned as well as CrosstownCrawler, the 15-person pedal bikes that allow groups to pedal to their favorite spots in the city while socializing with friends and co-workers.
The rest of the six cities mentioned along with Tempe were Basel, Switzerland, Perth, Australia, Saskatoon, Canada, Boulder, Colo., Bogota, Colombia and Amsterdam, in no particular order.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier