PHOENIX — A Philadelphia Eagles safety and former Arizona State University player was arrested early Friday morning after an acquaintance was involved a bar fight in downtown Tempe, Ariz., police said.
Court documents said Keelan Johnson was standing in front of Zuma Grill just after 2 a.m. after an acquaintance was involved in a bar fight. Johnson was allegedly shouting over officers, who were detaining the acquaintance.
Johnson was told to step back multiple times and was given a “directional contact” to the chest. Johnson then allegedly shoved an officer. A brief scuffle followed, in which Johnson refused to lower his arms for arrest.
Johnson waived his Miranda rights and informed police he shoved the officer because he felt the officer didn’t have a right to order him around and physically attempt to move him.
Johnson appeared to be intoxicated at the time. He was charged with assaulting a police officer, passively resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Johnson was born in Mesa, Ariz. He went undrafted in 2013 before being signed by the Miami Dolphins and then the Eagles.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon