PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department received a call just before noon Sunday of a woman who needed to be rescued off a mountain.
The stranded hiker’s son made the call, stating that his 61-year-old mother had been hiking since around 8 a.m. and was feeling dehydrated and weak. The mother and son were approximately one mile from the Cholla Trailhead (6201 E. Cholla Lane) at Camelback Mountain.
When fire crews arrived at the woman’s location, they found she was showing symptoms of dehydration with muscle cramps and weakness, Capt. Benjamin Santillan said.
The crews provided the hiker with fluids and successfully “hoisted” her off the trial, Santillan said.
The woman was flown by helicopter to a local hospital.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them