PHOENIX — Fire crews made strides Saturday on containing two northern Arizona wildfires.
In the Williams Ranger District, the Sitgreaves Fire is approximately 350 acres in size and located roughly five miles northwest of Parks, Ariz. Crews planned to conduct aerial ignitions Sunday to continue backing down the flames from the ridge tops with low-to-moderate intensity. Kaibab Nation Forest officials said smoke is highly visible from Interstate 40.
In the Tusayan Ranger District, the McRae Fire is currently 1,500 acres in size and located approximately five miles southeast of Tusayan. Crews were planning Sunday for 500 acres of managed ignitions as needed to help control the part of the blaze. Forest officials said smoke may become highly visible Sunday from Highway 64.
There are also two smaller wildfires burning in the region: the Duck Fire (324 acres) and Quaking Fire (27 acres). Fire crews continue to monitor those two blazes.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development