PHOENIX — Fire crews made strides Saturday on containing two northern Arizona wildfires.
In the Williams Ranger District, the Sitgreaves Fire is approximately 350 acres in size and located roughly five miles northwest of Parks, Ariz. Crews planned to conduct aerial ignitions Sunday to continue backing down the flames from the ridge tops with low-to-moderate intensity. Kaibab Nation Forest officials said smoke is highly visible from Interstate 40.
In the Tusayan Ranger District, the McRae Fire is currently 1,500 acres in size and located approximately five miles southeast of Tusayan. Crews were planning Sunday for 500 acres of managed ignitions as needed to help control the part of the blaze. Forest officials said smoke may become highly visible Sunday from Highway 64.
There are also two smaller wildfires burning in the region: the Duck Fire (324 acres) and Quaking Fire (27 acres). Fire crews continue to monitor those two blazes.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets