Google Fiber is already installed in Kansas City and Provo, Utah, but a job description posted on the tech firm’s site indicates that the broadband service could be coming soon to Phoenix.
Google is looking for a full-time Google Fiber city manager in Phoenix. The position’s duties are as follows:
As a City Manager, you will play the lead role in supporting and advising your local Google Fiber team. Your job will be to support our local outreach to city and state government, utilities, businesses, and organizations. Since our go-to-market strategy is grassroots focused and dependent on joint programs and events with local partners, your role is integral to the overall business of Google Fiber in this market. The role requires a strategic perspective on the business, the ability to identify, build and cultivate working partnerships with local organizations, and a focus on execution while maintaining deep community relationships.
While the tech giant is sure to hire someone for the position, it stipulates that Phoenix may not necessarily become a Google Fiber city. Google said that even if someone gets selected for the job and the broadband service doesn’t come to Arizona’s capital, the new hire will still play a role either from Phoenix or at Google’s headquarters. The company added that it’s looking for “flexible, senior leaders.”
In late April, KTAR’s Christina Estes reported that Phoenix city council members were being asked to move forward with some of the city’s infrastructure needs in order to have the ability to install Google Fiber.
Scottsdale and Tempe are also under consideration to be Google Fiber cities, but there’s no sign yet if those suburbs would be under the direction of the Phoenix city manager or if the company will hire separate managers for each.
Google Fiber is a broadband service that gets installed throughout a city in order to bring dramatically faster Internet and television speeds.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development