Google Fiber is already installed in Kansas City and Provo, Utah, but a job description posted on the tech firm’s site indicates that the broadband service could be coming soon to Phoenix.
Google is looking for a full-time Google Fiber city manager in Phoenix. The position’s duties are as follows:
As a City Manager, you will play the lead role in supporting and advising your local Google Fiber team. Your job will be to support our local outreach to city and state government, utilities, businesses, and organizations. Since our go-to-market strategy is grassroots focused and dependent on joint programs and events with local partners, your role is integral to the overall business of Google Fiber in this market. The role requires a strategic perspective on the business, the ability to identify, build and cultivate working partnerships with local organizations, and a focus on execution while maintaining deep community relationships.
While the tech giant is sure to hire someone for the position, it stipulates that Phoenix may not necessarily become a Google Fiber city. Google said that even if someone gets selected for the job and the broadband service doesn’t come to Arizona’s capital, the new hire will still play a role either from Phoenix or at Google’s headquarters. The company added that it’s looking for “flexible, senior leaders.”
In late April, KTAR’s Christina Estes reported that Phoenix city council members were being asked to move forward with some of the city’s infrastructure needs in order to have the ability to install Google Fiber.
Scottsdale and Tempe are also under consideration to be Google Fiber cities, but there’s no sign yet if those suburbs would be under the direction of the Phoenix city manager or if the company will hire separate managers for each.
Google Fiber is a broadband service that gets installed throughout a city in order to bring dramatically faster Internet and television speeds.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick