PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department is ramping up its search for a man who allegedly stole beer from a convenience store and assaulted an officer last month.
Phoenix police said they received a call about a man, approximately 25 years old, who lifted cases of beer from a Circle K at 4502 N. 19th Ave. in Phoenix on the evening of Saturday, June 21. Police said an officer saw a suspect that matched the description who was walking northbound on 19th Avenue with the stolen beer.
According to police, the suspect then walked up to the officer’s SUV, placed the beer cases on the hood of the vehicle and then continued to walk northbound. The officer followed the man into the Tierra Villa Apartments at 4730 N. 19th Ave. in an attempt to take the suspect into custody. With the officer in pursuit, the alleged robber ran through a pedestrian gate and then closed the gate on the officer’s arm and fled, police said.
The suspect of the beer run and officer assault is a Native American male who is about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 160 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and acne scars on his face, according to Phoenix police. At the time, the man was wearing a gray T-shirt, denim shorts, sunglasses and a dark baseball cap.
If you have any information on this case, police are asking you to call Silent Witness at 480-W-I-T-N-E-S-S (480-948-6377) or toll free at 1-800-343-TIPS. You can also leave an anonymous tip on the Silent Witness website. You may earn a cash reward of as much as $1,000 if you provide information that leads to the arrest or indictment of the suspect.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns