PHOENIX — The Phoenix Police Department is ramping up its search for a man who allegedly stole beer from a convenience store and assaulted an officer last month.
Phoenix police said they received a call about a man, approximately 25 years old, who lifted cases of beer from a Circle K at 4502 N. 19th Ave. in Phoenix on the evening of Saturday, June 21. Police said an officer saw a suspect that matched the description who was walking northbound on 19th Avenue with the stolen beer.
According to police, the suspect then walked up to the officer’s SUV, placed the beer cases on the hood of the vehicle and then continued to walk northbound. The officer followed the man into the Tierra Villa Apartments at 4730 N. 19th Ave. in an attempt to take the suspect into custody. With the officer in pursuit, the alleged robber ran through a pedestrian gate and then closed the gate on the officer’s arm and fled, police said.
The suspect of the beer run and officer assault is a Native American male who is about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 160 pounds with black hair, brown eyes and acne scars on his face, according to Phoenix police. At the time, the man was wearing a gray T-shirt, denim shorts, sunglasses and a dark baseball cap.
If you have any information on this case, police are asking you to call Silent Witness at 480-W-I-T-N-E-S-S (480-948-6377) or toll free at 1-800-343-TIPS. You can also leave an anonymous tip on the Silent Witness website. You may earn a cash reward of as much as $1,000 if you provide information that leads to the arrest or indictment of the suspect.
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips