PHOENIX — Traffic may be a bit heavier in downtown Phoenix this weekend as the city plays host to the WNBA All-Star Game.
“We’re very proud as a city to be hosting the WNBA All-Star (Game),” said Jason Rowley, president of the Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury. “It’s the first time it’s been this far west since we hosted it all the way back in 2000.”
Phoenix will not only welcome the game, but several events as well. An open practice was held from 3-5 p.m. Friday along with the All-Star Fan Fest from 4-9 p.m.
The game is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. Saturday and features some local talent.
“We’re really excited about having Brittney Griner and Diana Taurasi and Candice Dupree representing the Mercury,” said Rowley. “Out of a 12-woman roster, there’s three Mercury players, so we’re really proud about that.”
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo contributed to this report.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them