PHOENIX — The Arizona Diamondbacks will be honoring first responders during their Friday night match-up with the Chicago Cubs.
In addition to recognizing first responders throughout the game, Phoenix Chief of Police Daniel Garza and Phoenix Fire Chief Kara Kalkbrenner will each throw a ceremonial first pitch.
“I’m very honored to be doing it,” Garcia said. “I have no baseball experience of any kind except playing with my son and daughter as they were growing up.”
The D-backs also plan to present a check for $10,000 to the 100 Club of Arizona which helps provide for families of fallen first responders.
Retired and active duty firefighters and police officers can buy up to four tickets to Friday’s game at 50 percent off.
First pitch is scheduled for 6:40 p.m.
KTAR’s Martha Maurer contributed to this report.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets