PHOENIX — An advertisement for a conservative gubernatorial candidate in Arizona is not receiving sparkling marks across the board.
According to Fox 10, the ad for Andrew Thomas is being labeled as offensive and racist by some because it targets illegal immigration and the gay community.
“Conservatives are backing Andrew Thomas for governor because he’s the only candidate to stop illegal immigration. He stood up to the gay lobby and opposes liberal judges,” said the ad.
The ad closes with a no symbol through a Mexican flag, which has been superimposed over Arizona.
Thomas has not spoken to media about the ad, but has released a statement.
“I am pleased to report my campaign has received a very strong, positive response to my new campaign ad. Voters can see I am the one true conservative running for governor, someone who will stand up and fight for them.”
You can watch the ad below. Let us know if you’re fine with it or if it crosses the line in the comments.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon