PHOENIX — An advertisement for a conservative gubernatorial candidate in Arizona is not receiving sparkling marks across the board.
According to Fox 10, the ad for Andrew Thomas is being labeled as offensive and racist by some because it targets illegal immigration and the gay community.
“Conservatives are backing Andrew Thomas for governor because he’s the only candidate to stop illegal immigration. He stood up to the gay lobby and opposes liberal judges,” said the ad.
The ad closes with a no symbol through a Mexican flag, which has been superimposed over Arizona.
Thomas has not spoken to media about the ad, but has released a statement.
“I am pleased to report my campaign has received a very strong, positive response to my new campaign ad. Voters can see I am the one true conservative running for governor, someone who will stand up and fight for them.”
You can watch the ad below. Let us know if you’re fine with it or if it crosses the line in the comments.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments