PHOENIX – Protesters took to the Arizona State Capitol lawn Friday calling for legislators to secure the border.
About 40 people showed up to demonstrate against the influx of unaccompanied minors from Central America and illegal-immigration in general.
One protester, Vince Ansel with Riders for a Sovereign America, said he wanted to see the Obama administration and Arizona lawmakers secure the U.S. border.
“The problem that we have now is that the present immigration law is not being enforced,” he said.
Ansel also said that those who have crossed the border illegally need to be sent back to their home country.
“This call for immigration reform is a farce,” Ansel said. “It’s just putting more laws on top of laws that are already not being enforced to begin with.”
Demonstrators carried signs, some of which read, “Return to sender,” “Viva la S.B. 1070” and “No amnesty.”
Ansel said he and his fellow demonstrators would continue protesting Saturday.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon