PHOENIX – Protesters took to the Arizona State Capitol lawn Friday calling for legislators to secure the border.
About 40 people showed up to demonstrate against the influx of unaccompanied minors from Central America and illegal-immigration in general.
One protester, Vince Ansel with Riders for a Sovereign America, said he wanted to see the Obama administration and Arizona lawmakers secure the U.S. border.
“The problem that we have now is that the present immigration law is not being enforced,” he said.
Ansel also said that those who have crossed the border illegally need to be sent back to their home country.
“This call for immigration reform is a farce,” Ansel said. “It’s just putting more laws on top of laws that are already not being enforced to begin with.”
Demonstrators carried signs, some of which read, “Return to sender,” “Viva la S.B. 1070” and “No amnesty.”
Ansel said he and his fellow demonstrators would continue protesting Saturday.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food