PHOENIX — Phoenix has been named one of America’s top five cities for small business opportunities, according to the National Federation of Independent Business.
With a population of 1.5 million people, the organization said Phoenix is a young, big city, which gives it a major advantage over other cities because it can attract small business and entrepreneurs.
“The majority of people starting small businesses and prospering here were born somewhere else,” NFIB State Director Farrell Quinlan says. “That kind of ‘new blood’ and vitality means opportunities in Phoenix aren’t encumbered by an ‘old boys network.'”
Some of the elements that attract small businesses to Phoenix is the rebounding economy, the favorable climate and the entrepreneurial culture.
Number one in the list is Casper, Wyo. for its oil and gas industries, followed by Jackson, Miss, Las Vegas, Nev. and Orlando, Fla.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets