reWe’re telling you about two separate unsolved crimes.
A jogger found the body of Luis Mendoza on August 15, 2011, in a ditch near Miller Road and Southern Avenue.
New information in the homicide case is a blanket. The blanket may be the key to solving this homicide.
When answering an online classified ad, you can do everything right and still have it go terribly wrong.
This apparent set-up happened Thursday, Oct. 6, 2011.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch said the seller and victim were texting information to each other when the seller said he wasn’t going to be able to make it. The suspect then grabbed the victim from behind and had a silver handgun.
After a struggle, the suspect took off running.
- Phoenix police chief says shooting study would benefit officers, citizens
- Phoenix police searching for man suspected of stealing wire
- Funding sought for study on rising violence in Phoenix police encounters
- Phoenix police arrest 2 suspects, barricade ends with house fire
- Man survives drive-by shooting in Phoenix, police searching for suspect