PHOENIX — The monsoon storms are making life very busy at Valley doctors’ offices, but it’s what could develop next month that has them concerned.
Most of the patients visiting Scottsdale Healthcare on McKellips Road this week have come in with typical symptoms.
“The sunshine and the little rain for this year, people’s allergies keep flaring, said Dr. Clifford Gazda. “And now, as we’re getting into monsoon season, we’re getting a lot of people with not just allergy symptoms, but deeper cough-like symptoms.”
While it may not be as a big an issue today, Gazda is worried for patients who notice a persistent cough, coupled with muscle fatigue and other symptoms in the next four weeks.
“Some people get night sweats as well, particularly in the evening, and the fevers,” he explained.
If it won’t let up, he suspects it could be coccidiomycosis spores — or valley fever — that’s taken a firm hold in your lungs.
If left untreated, he warned it could cause far more serious problems.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food