PHOENIX — Sixteen men were arrested last week at a Tempe hotel during a prostitution sting, according to Tempe police.
The bust occurred at a local hotel near Priest Drive and Baseline Road between July 8-9.
The men arrested are between the ages of 27 and 71, according to a release. Charges filed include soliciting prostitution, indecent exposure and drug possession.
Lt. Scott Smith said the average age of entry into prostitution in Phoenix is approximately 14 years of age.
“Studies demonstrate a majority of sexually exploited persons enter into the sex trade as minors and are often coerced or forced to engage in acts of prostitution by pimps or traffickers,” Smith said in a release. “Targeting demand is part of a larger strategy by Arizona law enforcement to keep our communities safe.”
The operation targeted adult prostitution specifically.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon