PHOENIX — The State Press at Arizona State University is reinventing the college newspaper for the 21st century.
ASU Student Media announced Wednesday that starting this fall, the State Press will become an all-digital publication.
Jason Manning, director of ASU Student Media, said their resources will be used to improve their digital products and content such as video, mobile distribution and social media.
“Arizona State University students, our primary audience, are voracious consumers of digital content and our student journalists are talented producers of that content.”
State Press Executive Editor Danielle Grobmeier said that going all digital will allow them to reach a greater audience and give them more room for multimedia creativity than 32 pages does.
She said the readers have spoken, and the majority opts for getting their news online.
The State Press Magazine will continue in print, however, fewer copies will be distributed as they work to improve digitally.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food