PHOENIX — The World Cup has crowned its champion but there is more soccer on tap, at least in Tucson, where robots built by college students will battle for supremacy.
The Soccer RoboCup Junior tournament is set for Friday morning at the University of Arizona bookstore lobby.
The six robots are the products of engineering exchange students from Mexico, who were on campus for a three-week course.
“The soccer-playing robots are an excellent opportunity for the students to demonstrate their engineering skills and passion for sports,” Ricardo Valerdi said in a statement. Valerdi is an associate professor in systems and industrial engineering and taught the class.
The robots will play with a soccer ball equipped with infrared signals.
Friday’s tournament runs from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy