PHOENIX — Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne unveiled on Wednesday a proposed settlement with Apple Inc. related to the company’s participation in an e-book price-fixing.
The proposed agreement aims to resolve claims for damages brought by Arizona and 32 other states, as well as the states’ civil penalty claims.
The agreement still remains subject to approval by the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. If the court’s ruling is upheld, consumers across the U.S. will receive a total of $400 million.
Last July, the District Court found that Apple had violated the antitrust laws by conspiring with five publishers to artificially raise prices for e-books between 2010 and 2012.
Horne said in a release he is pleased with the settlement, which will provide consumers with over twice their actual damages when combined with previous publisher settlements.
Five publishers have already compensated e-book purchasers around the country through a $166 million settlement.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets