PHOENIX — Coconino National Forest authorities want to find whoever is putting rebar in roadways near Flagstaff, Ariz.
“Over the weekend, there were about eight tires that were punctured and destroyed because of this rebar that was put up,” said Brady Smith, a forest official. “The rebar was purposely set there. The ends of these rebar were flattened and had been sharpened to a point to purposely puncture a tire, or harm someone or something as it walked or drove through.”
Smith said whoever did this may have been targeting ATVs and other off-highway vehicles.
“This is probably someone who doesn’t like OHV use in that area, and possibly lives in that area,” said Smith.
There were no injuries, but Smith said this could have been very dangerous.
“If somebody were to hit that on a motorcycle, or even walk or fall on it, it could cause some serious harm or even kill somebody,” Smith said.
Anyone with information on the rebar is asked to contact forest officials at 978-575-3511.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier