PHOENIX — Coconino National Forest authorities want to find whoever is putting rebar in roadways near Flagstaff, Ariz.
“Over the weekend, there were about eight tires that were punctured and destroyed because of this rebar that was put up,” said Brady Smith, a forest official. “The rebar was purposely set there. The ends of these rebar were flattened and had been sharpened to a point to purposely puncture a tire, or harm someone or something as it walked or drove through.”
Smith said whoever did this may have been targeting ATVs and other off-highway vehicles.
“This is probably someone who doesn’t like OHV use in that area, and possibly lives in that area,” said Smith.
There were no injuries, but Smith said this could have been very dangerous.
“If somebody were to hit that on a motorcycle, or even walk or fall on it, it could cause some serious harm or even kill somebody,” Smith said.
Anyone with information on the rebar is asked to contact forest officials at 978-575-3511.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development