PHOENIX — Coconino National Forest authorities want to find whoever is putting rebar in roadways near Flagstaff, Ariz.
“Over the weekend, there were about eight tires that were punctured and destroyed because of this rebar that was put up,” said Brady Smith, a forest official. “The rebar was purposely set there. The ends of these rebar were flattened and had been sharpened to a point to purposely puncture a tire, or harm someone or something as it walked or drove through.”
Smith said whoever did this may have been targeting ATVs and other off-highway vehicles.
“This is probably someone who doesn’t like OHV use in that area, and possibly lives in that area,” said Smith.
There were no injuries, but Smith said this could have been very dangerous.
“If somebody were to hit that on a motorcycle, or even walk or fall on it, it could cause some serious harm or even kill somebody,” Smith said.
Anyone with information on the rebar is asked to contact forest officials at 978-575-3511.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food