PHOENIX — The owners of a Phoenix car dealership will be paying over $100,000 in fines after agreeing to a consent judgment in a lawsuit brought by the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.
Prieto’s Auto Sales, owned by Gustavo and Rita Prieto, was accused of failing to inspect vehicles and make repairs and selling vehicles to which they did not hold title, among several issues, the Attorney General’s Office said.
Consent judgment will make it possible for Tom Horne’s office to keep an eye on the dealership.
“We have a long list of promises that they’ve made in the consent judgment of activities that they would not engage in, so that we’re sure that they stop defrauding consumers,” Horne said.
The lawsuit started after a customer filed a complaint against the dealership. Victims of wrongdoing will receive $15,000 of the settlement money.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night