PHOENIX — The owners of a Phoenix car dealership will be paying over $100,000 in fines after agreeing to a consent judgment in a lawsuit brought by the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.
Prieto’s Auto Sales, owned by Gustavo and Rita Prieto, was accused of failing to inspect vehicles and make repairs and selling vehicles to which they did not hold title, among several issues, the Attorney General’s Office said.
Consent judgment will make it possible for Tom Horne’s office to keep an eye on the dealership.
“We have a long list of promises that they’ve made in the consent judgment of activities that they would not engage in, so that we’re sure that they stop defrauding consumers,” Horne said.
The lawsuit started after a customer filed a complaint against the dealership. Victims of wrongdoing will receive $15,000 of the settlement money.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas