PHOENIX — The owners of a Phoenix car dealership will be paying over $100,000 in fines after agreeing to a consent judgment in a lawsuit brought by the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.
Prieto’s Auto Sales, owned by Gustavo and Rita Prieto, was accused of failing to inspect vehicles and make repairs and selling vehicles to which they did not hold title, among several issues, the Attorney General’s Office said.
Consent judgment will make it possible for Tom Horne’s office to keep an eye on the dealership.
“We have a long list of promises that they’ve made in the consent judgment of activities that they would not engage in, so that we’re sure that they stop defrauding consumers,” Horne said.
The lawsuit started after a customer filed a complaint against the dealership. Victims of wrongdoing will receive $15,000 of the settlement money.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development