PHOENIX — The owners of a Phoenix car dealership will be paying over $100,000 in fines after agreeing to a consent judgment in a lawsuit brought by the Arizona Attorney General’s Office.
Prieto’s Auto Sales, owned by Gustavo and Rita Prieto, was accused of failing to inspect vehicles and make repairs and selling vehicles to which they did not hold title, among several issues, the Attorney General’s Office said.
Consent judgment will make it possible for Tom Horne’s office to keep an eye on the dealership.
“We have a long list of promises that they’ve made in the consent judgment of activities that they would not engage in, so that we’re sure that they stop defrauding consumers,” Horne said.
The lawsuit started after a customer filed a complaint against the dealership. Victims of wrongdoing will receive $15,000 of the settlement money.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments