Emergency crews were called to two scenes Monday evening of vehicles stranded in rushing waters after monsoon storms moved through the Valley.
ABC15 reports the two trapped vehicles were just blocks away from each other near 12 Street and Hatcher Road in north Phoenix. One vehicle was trapped in the middle of an intersection, while the other got stuck near some trees.
One woman was rescued by three members of the Phoenix Fire Department from her dark-colored sedan. She gave the rescuers a hug after they got her on solid ground.
The victim, a female in her 50s, told rescue crews and media that the water was not that high when she started to cross the intersection. The woman told ABC15 that the water rushed in, trapping her vehicle, and instead of swimming to get away she stayed in her vehicle and called for help.
Phoenix Fire added that the stranded woman didn’t appear to be guilty of a “stupid motorist” infraction.
The storms hit parts of the Valley much harder than they did others, but the monsoon clouds seemed to move quickly over the region, as photos on Twitter quickly turned from showers and dark clouds to a those of a sublime sunset.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food