Emergency crews were called to two scenes Monday evening of vehicles stranded in rushing waters after monsoon storms moved through the Valley.
ABC15 reports the two trapped vehicles were just blocks away from each other near 12 Street and Hatcher Road in north Phoenix. One vehicle was trapped in the middle of an intersection, while the other got stuck near some trees.
One woman was rescued by three members of the Phoenix Fire Department from her dark-colored sedan. She gave the rescuers a hug after they got her on solid ground.
The victim, a female in her 50s, told rescue crews and media that the water was not that high when she started to cross the intersection. The woman told ABC15 that the water rushed in, trapping her vehicle, and instead of swimming to get away she stayed in her vehicle and called for help.
Phoenix Fire added that the stranded woman didn’t appear to be guilty of a “stupid motorist” infraction.
The storms hit parts of the Valley much harder than they did others, but the monsoon clouds seemed to move quickly over the region, as photos on Twitter quickly turned from showers and dark clouds to a those of a sublime sunset.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes