Emergency crews were called to two scenes Monday evening of vehicles stranded in rushing waters after monsoon storms moved through the Valley.
ABC15 reports the two trapped vehicles were just blocks away from each other near 12 Street and Hatcher Road in north Phoenix. One vehicle was trapped in the middle of an intersection, while the other got stuck near some trees.
One woman was rescued by three members of the Phoenix Fire Department from her dark-colored sedan. She gave the rescuers a hug after they got her on solid ground.
The victim, a female in her 50s, told rescue crews and media that the water was not that high when she started to cross the intersection. The woman told ABC15 that the water rushed in, trapping her vehicle, and instead of swimming to get away she stayed in her vehicle and called for help.
Phoenix Fire added that the stranded woman didn’t appear to be guilty of a “stupid motorist” infraction.
The storms hit parts of the Valley much harder than they did others, but the monsoon clouds seemed to move quickly over the region, as photos on Twitter quickly turned from showers and dark clouds to a those of a sublime sunset.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.