Emergency crews were called to two scenes Monday evening of vehicles stranded in rushing waters after monsoon storms moved through the Valley.
ABC15 reports the two trapped vehicles were just blocks away from each other near 12 Street and Hatcher Road in north Phoenix. One vehicle was trapped in the middle of an intersection, while the other got stuck near some trees.
One woman was rescued by three members of the Phoenix Fire Department from her dark-colored sedan. She gave the rescuers a hug after they got her on solid ground.
The victim, a female in her 50s, told rescue crews and media that the water was not that high when she started to cross the intersection. The woman told ABC15 that the water rushed in, trapping her vehicle, and instead of swimming to get away she stayed in her vehicle and called for help.
Phoenix Fire added that the stranded woman didn’t appear to be guilty of a “stupid motorist” infraction.
The storms hit parts of the Valley much harder than they did others, but the monsoon clouds seemed to move quickly over the region, as photos on Twitter quickly turned from showers and dark clouds to a those of a sublime sunset.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development