PHOENIX — Monday was a girl’s day out!
Around 15 cleft lip and craniofacial teenage patients at the Barrow Neurological Institute received a free makeover at a Valley salon.
“It’s an opportunity for them to step outside the hospital,” said Becky Kelly, owner of Tangle Salon in Scottsdale. “They can take the chance to do something for themselves and it’s an opportunity for the mom’s to sit back and see their daughters transform into beautiful young ladies.”
The teen girls will get a manicure, facial, and their hair done along with a gift bag with beauty products. After, they had lunch with the girls.
One of the teens, Sarah Woolworth, had her hair done like Taylor Swift.
“I like it. I don’t get treated like a princess every day,” she said.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments