PHOENIX — Monday was a girl’s day out!
Around 15 cleft lip and craniofacial teenage patients at the Barrow Neurological Institute received a free makeover at a Valley salon.
“It’s an opportunity for them to step outside the hospital,” said Becky Kelly, owner of Tangle Salon in Scottsdale. “They can take the chance to do something for themselves and it’s an opportunity for the mom’s to sit back and see their daughters transform into beautiful young ladies.”
The teen girls will get a manicure, facial, and their hair done along with a gift bag with beauty products. After, they had lunch with the girls.
One of the teens, Sarah Woolworth, had her hair done like Taylor Swift.
“I like it. I don’t get treated like a princess every day,” she said.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development