PHOENIX — Monday was a girl’s day out!
Around 15 cleft lip and craniofacial teenage patients at the Barrow Neurological Institute received a free makeover at a Valley salon.
“It’s an opportunity for them to step outside the hospital,” said Becky Kelly, owner of Tangle Salon in Scottsdale. “They can take the chance to do something for themselves and it’s an opportunity for the mom’s to sit back and see their daughters transform into beautiful young ladies.”
The teen girls will get a manicure, facial, and their hair done along with a gift bag with beauty products. After, they had lunch with the girls.
One of the teens, Sarah Woolworth, had her hair done like Taylor Swift.
“I like it. I don’t get treated like a princess every day,” she said.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets