PHOENIX — In honor of America’s birthday month, the travel site Thrillist has set out to rank all 50 states by their food and drink.
Rankings were awarded based on the food each state produces, the iconic dishes they’re known for and their beer, wine and spirits scene.
Arizona came in at No. 34 for claiming an ultimate Mexican food creation.
Allegedly inventing the chimichanga and deciding to deep-fry a burrito definitely counts for something. Phoenix has AT LEAST one solid restaurant amidst all the chains (Pizzeria Bianco!). If you happen to be a minority, drop Arizona 13 spots.
California took first place in the site’s ranking for producing half of all U.S.-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables and for making 100 different varieties of wine.
Everything is bigger in Texas, and they were able to come in second for its four different styles of BBQ. New York followed with its cutting-edge cocktail innovations and their extensive collection of beers.
South Dakota was listed at spot 50 followed by North Dakota at 49, but “this could have been at 50. We flipped a coin,” they wrote.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier