Of the bigger cities in the Southwest’s border states — Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas — Phoenix has been named the fourth-best destination for millennials, according to a recent study.
Tucson also cracked the top 10.
The survey, which was conducted by Havas PR North America, took 800 opinions of 18-to-34-year-olds across the four states — border millennials, as they called them — of both Hispanic and non-Hispanic descent. The Phoenix Business Journal says respondents were asked to weigh in on issues involving family growth, food, work and overall potential, ranking which 10 cities in the border states were optimum in all categories.
San Antonio took the survey’s top spot, while San Diego and Los Angeles came in at No. 2 and 3, respectively. After Phoenix was Austin (5), Albuquerque (6), Dallas-Fort Worth (7), Houston (8), San Francisco (9) and Tucson (10).
Meanwhile, 51 percent of Hispanic respondents and 44 percent of non-Hispanics said that they intended to spend the rest of their lives somewhere else than in the border states.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon