Of the bigger cities in the Southwest’s border states — Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas — Phoenix has been named the fourth-best destination for millennials, according to a recent study.
Tucson also cracked the top 10.
The survey, which was conducted by Havas PR North America, took 800 opinions of 18-to-34-year-olds across the four states — border millennials, as they called them — of both Hispanic and non-Hispanic descent. The Phoenix Business Journal says respondents were asked to weigh in on issues involving family growth, food, work and overall potential, ranking which 10 cities in the border states were optimum in all categories.
San Antonio took the survey’s top spot, while San Diego and Los Angeles came in at No. 2 and 3, respectively. After Phoenix was Austin (5), Albuquerque (6), Dallas-Fort Worth (7), Houston (8), San Francisco (9) and Tucson (10).
Meanwhile, 51 percent of Hispanic respondents and 44 percent of non-Hispanics said that they intended to spend the rest of their lives somewhere else than in the border states.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns