Of the bigger cities in the Southwest’s border states — Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas — Phoenix has been named the fourth-best destination for millennials, according to a recent study.
Tucson also cracked the top 10.
The survey, which was conducted by Havas PR North America, took 800 opinions of 18-to-34-year-olds across the four states — border millennials, as they called them — of both Hispanic and non-Hispanic descent. The Phoenix Business Journal says respondents were asked to weigh in on issues involving family growth, food, work and overall potential, ranking which 10 cities in the border states were optimum in all categories.
San Antonio took the survey’s top spot, while San Diego and Los Angeles came in at No. 2 and 3, respectively. After Phoenix was Austin (5), Albuquerque (6), Dallas-Fort Worth (7), Houston (8), San Francisco (9) and Tucson (10).
Meanwhile, 51 percent of Hispanic respondents and 44 percent of non-Hispanics said that they intended to spend the rest of their lives somewhere else than in the border states.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food