PHOENIX — Police are still searching for the suspects of a robbery-homicide from 2007 that left a security guard dead.
According to Silent Witness, two men robbed a Circle K convenience store at 15402 N. 19th Ave. in Phoenix on March 23, 2007, at 3:50 a.m. Security guard Charles Saldate attempted to stop the two robbers and was assaulted. Saldate had his gun stolen, and one of the men attempted to fire at him, but the safety was on, and the robbers fled.
Less than three months later, Saldate was killed in front of his home as he was returning from work. Phoenix police believe the two incidents are connected, as a group of black males were observed fleeing the scene of Saldate’s death just after midnight on June 1, 2007. Saldate was 55 years old at the time of his death.
Phoenix police are targeting two unidentified black males as the suspects of the robbery-homicide. Police said one suspect is 5-foot-10 and about 200 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. Police said he may have a tattoo of a woman on his forearm.
The second suspect is about 5-foot-11 and 210, also having brown eyes and black hair. He is believed to have a tattoo of a cross on his forearm. Police said both men were in their 20s at the time of the robbery-homicide, and had braided corn rows.
A 1980s white or tan Oldsmobile Cutlass is believed to be the vehicle the two men used in both incidents.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Silent Witness at W-I-T-N-E-S-S (480-948-6377), or leave an anonymous tip at SilentWitness.org. A cash reward of $1,000 is being offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of one or both of the suspects in this case.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon