PHOENIX — Police are still searching for the suspects of a robbery-homicide from 2007 that left a security guard dead.
According to Silent Witness, two men robbed a Circle K convenience store at 15402 N. 19th Ave. in Phoenix on March 23, 2007, at 3:50 a.m. Security guard Charles Saldate attempted to stop the two robbers and was assaulted. Saldate had his gun stolen, and one of the men attempted to fire at him, but the safety was on, and the robbers fled.
Less than three months later, Saldate was killed in front of his home as he was returning from work. Phoenix police believe the two incidents are connected, as a group of black males were observed fleeing the scene of Saldate’s death just after midnight on June 1, 2007. Saldate was 55 years old at the time of his death.
Phoenix police are targeting two unidentified black males as the suspects of the robbery-homicide. Police said one suspect is 5-foot-10 and about 200 pounds with brown eyes and black hair. Police said he may have a tattoo of a woman on his forearm.
The second suspect is about 5-foot-11 and 210, also having brown eyes and black hair. He is believed to have a tattoo of a cross on his forearm. Police said both men were in their 20s at the time of the robbery-homicide, and had braided corn rows.
A 1980s white or tan Oldsmobile Cutlass is believed to be the vehicle the two men used in both incidents.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Silent Witness at W-I-T-N-E-S-S (480-948-6377), or leave an anonymous tip at SilentWitness.org. A cash reward of $1,000 is being offered to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest of one or both of the suspects in this case.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier