PHOENIX — Downtown Phoenix is about to get a little bit shadier.
Trees not only provide much-needed shade in the Valley, they also add a spot of color and beauty to the drab desert landscape. Developers of the future downtown site of the ASU Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law are about to break ground — but 116 trees are in the way.
The construction team, in partnership with ASU, the Downtown Phoenix Partnership and the City of Phoenix — have come up with a plan to save them, by placing them in various spaces around the city.
Some will have new homes on First Street, while other will sit along Adams Street, between Second Street and Second Avenue.
About 32 of the trees will remain on the site of the new law school.
The trees are approximately three years old and would cost between 1,000 and $2,000 to replace, Downtown Phoenix reported.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas