PHOENIX — Forbes magazine has a new list and three Arizona families have made the cut.
Forbes has created the first annual list that features the 185 richest families in America, and before you think you know who’s on it, think again.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Forbes “purposefully left out self-made entrepreneurs who founded their companies and who already appear on the Forbes 400 with their nuclear family.”
So that means no Bruce Halle, founder of Discount Tire, or Rob Walton, the chairman of Walmart, who spends part of his time in Paradise Valley.
Instead, the list showcases the Schoen family, who founded U-Haul. They ranked No. 39 with a wealth of $6.8 billion.
The University of Phoenix and Apollo Group’s Sperling family came in at No. 108 with $2.1 billion.
Rounding otu the list is the Stewart family of Services Group of America. They are worth $1.2 billion, making them 164th on the list.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas