PHOENIX — Forbes magazine has a new list and three Arizona families have made the cut.
Forbes has created the first annual list that features the 185 richest families in America, and before you think you know who’s on it, think again.
According to the Phoenix Business Journal, Forbes “purposefully left out self-made entrepreneurs who founded their companies and who already appear on the Forbes 400 with their nuclear family.”
So that means no Bruce Halle, founder of Discount Tire, or Rob Walton, the chairman of Walmart, who spends part of his time in Paradise Valley.
Instead, the list showcases the Schoen family, who founded U-Haul. They ranked No. 39 with a wealth of $6.8 billion.
The University of Phoenix and Apollo Group’s Sperling family came in at No. 108 with $2.1 billion.
Rounding otu the list is the Stewart family of Services Group of America. They are worth $1.2 billion, making them 164th on the list.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon