PHOENIX — Good news, Phoenix residents: You’re halfway through the latest round of light rail construction.
Melissa Quillard with Valley Metro said it has taken crews working the 19th Avenue extension 18 months to meet this milestone.
“People are going to start to see track being laid, we’re going to start to build the actual stations, so it’s really going to start to look like a light rail system,” she said.
The extension will extend light rail service to Dunlap Avenue. It’s expected to increase ridership by 5,000 passengers daily.
“It’s really going to create this connectivity for all of the residents that live in this area as well as for people who already utilize the light rail line,” Quillard said.
Light rail construction is also on-going in the East Valley.
Valley Metro hopes to have 60 miles of light rail in the city by 2034.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life