PHOENIX — Good news, Phoenix residents: You’re halfway through the latest round of light rail construction.
Melissa Quillard with Valley Metro said it has taken crews working the 19th Avenue extension 18 months to meet this milestone.
“People are going to start to see track being laid, we’re going to start to build the actual stations, so it’s really going to start to look like a light rail system,” she said.
The extension will extend light rail service to Dunlap Avenue. It’s expected to increase ridership by 5,000 passengers daily.
“It’s really going to create this connectivity for all of the residents that live in this area as well as for people who already utilize the light rail line,” Quillard said.
Light rail construction is also on-going in the East Valley.
Valley Metro hopes to have 60 miles of light rail in the city by 2034.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets