PHOENIX — Arizona Republicans in Congress said they won’t greenlight President Obama’s request for billions of dollars to deal with the migrant child crisis.
Rep. Paul Gosar said he doesn’t believe the U.S. House will approve the president’s call for almost $4 billion to handle the flood of undocumented children from Central America.
Gosar said the president’s plan is “filled with fluff” and not all of the money is going for more judges, detention facilities, and care for the kids.
“There’s over $650 million in this bill for wildland fires to try to extort the vote from western states,” he said.
Like his fellow Republicans and a growing number of Democrats, Gosar questioned why the president didn’t go to the border on his Texas trip this week.
U.S. Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) said it’s time for “real action from the president” to stop the flood of undocumented children across the Texas border.
Like Gosar, he doesn’t believe the president will get House approval for his funding request.
“Just because of where the money is being allocated. Remember, the president’s numbers approach $60,000 per unaccompanied minor.”
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food