PHOENIX — Arizona Republicans in Congress said they won’t greenlight President Obama’s request for billions of dollars to deal with the migrant child crisis.
Rep. Paul Gosar said he doesn’t believe the U.S. House will approve the president’s call for almost $4 billion to handle the flood of undocumented children from Central America.
Gosar said the president’s plan is “filled with fluff” and not all of the money is going for more judges, detention facilities, and care for the kids.
“There’s over $650 million in this bill for wildland fires to try to extort the vote from western states,” he said.
Like his fellow Republicans and a growing number of Democrats, Gosar questioned why the president didn’t go to the border on his Texas trip this week.
U.S. Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) said it’s time for “real action from the president” to stop the flood of undocumented children across the Texas border.
Like Gosar, he doesn’t believe the president will get House approval for his funding request.
“Just because of where the money is being allocated. Remember, the president’s numbers approach $60,000 per unaccompanied minor.”
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier