PHOENIX — Arizona Republicans in Congress said they won’t greenlight President Obama’s request for billions of dollars to deal with the migrant child crisis.
Rep. Paul Gosar said he doesn’t believe the U.S. House will approve the president’s call for almost $4 billion to handle the flood of undocumented children from Central America.
Gosar said the president’s plan is “filled with fluff” and not all of the money is going for more judges, detention facilities, and care for the kids.
“There’s over $650 million in this bill for wildland fires to try to extort the vote from western states,” he said.
Like his fellow Republicans and a growing number of Democrats, Gosar questioned why the president didn’t go to the border on his Texas trip this week.
U.S. Rep. David Schweikert (R-Ariz.) said it’s time for “real action from the president” to stop the flood of undocumented children across the Texas border.
Like Gosar, he doesn’t believe the president will get House approval for his funding request.
“Just because of where the money is being allocated. Remember, the president’s numbers approach $60,000 per unaccompanied minor.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development