PHOENIX — The Tonto National Forest will lift all fire restrictions starting July 11.
Other Arizona national forests have also lifted all
restrictions this week, including Coconino and Kaibab.
The annual monsoon season has brought enough moisture and humidity to the area to reduce fire danger. Therefore, the fire restrictions that covered the entire forest will no longer be necessary.
Although the fire restrictions are lifted, forest officials are asking visitors to be cautious. All ashes in a campfire should be cold enough to touch before a person can leave it.
Campfires should be put out by drowning with water and stirring with a shovel to ensure the fire is cold.
Forest Supervisor Neil Bosworth extended special thanks to the visiting public during the fire restrictions which began earlier this year.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food