PHOENIX — The Tonto National Forest will lift all fire restrictions starting July 11.
Other Arizona national forests have also lifted all
restrictions this week, including Coconino and Kaibab.
The annual monsoon season has brought enough moisture and humidity to the area to reduce fire danger. Therefore, the fire restrictions that covered the entire forest will no longer be necessary.
Although the fire restrictions are lifted, forest officials are asking visitors to be cautious. All ashes in a campfire should be cold enough to touch before a person can leave it.
Campfires should be put out by drowning with water and stirring with a shovel to ensure the fire is cold.
Forest Supervisor Neil Bosworth extended special thanks to the visiting public during the fire restrictions which began earlier this year.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains