PHOENIX — The Tonto National Forest will lift all fire restrictions starting July 11.
Other Arizona national forests have also lifted all
restrictions this week, including Coconino and Kaibab.
The annual monsoon season has brought enough moisture and humidity to the area to reduce fire danger. Therefore, the fire restrictions that covered the entire forest will no longer be necessary.
Although the fire restrictions are lifted, forest officials are asking visitors to be cautious. All ashes in a campfire should be cold enough to touch before a person can leave it.
Campfires should be put out by drowning with water and stirring with a shovel to ensure the fire is cold.
Forest Supervisor Neil Bosworth extended special thanks to the visiting public during the fire restrictions which began earlier this year.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development