PHOENIX — The summer heat, long hours at work and traffic delays are all triggers of stress for Phoenicians.
A new study by CNNMoney ranked Phoenix 22nd for the most stressed out cities based on commute times, hours worked, crime, unemployment, poverty and more.
The report studied 55 metro areas and divisions with populations of 1 million or more.
Phoenix, according to the study, found calmness in its sunny days, but higher property crimes were the greatest stress factor.
Not surprisingly, the number one spot for the most stressed out city was given to New York City, with its long work commutes of approximately 40 minutes.
Following New York City were Detroit, Los Angeles, San Bernandino, Calif. and Houston.
At the bottom of the list were Minneapolis, Raleigh, N.C., Rochester, N.Y., and Salt Lake City.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy