PHOENIX — The summer heat, long hours at work and traffic delays are all triggers of stress for Phoenicians.
A new study by CNNMoney ranked Phoenix 22nd for the most stressed out cities based on commute times, hours worked, crime, unemployment, poverty and more.
The report studied 55 metro areas and divisions with populations of 1 million or more.
Phoenix, according to the study, found calmness in its sunny days, but higher property crimes were the greatest stress factor.
Not surprisingly, the number one spot for the most stressed out city was given to New York City, with its long work commutes of approximately 40 minutes.
Following New York City were Detroit, Los Angeles, San Bernandino, Calif. and Houston.
At the bottom of the list were Minneapolis, Raleigh, N.C., Rochester, N.Y., and Salt Lake City.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development