PHOENIX — If you think this summer in Arizona has been bad, wait until 2100.
According to a new report from Climate Central, average summer high temperatures in Phoenix will increase about 10 degrees in the next century.
If Climate Central’s prediction is accurate, Phoenix’s average summer high will be 114, similar to that currently measured in Kuwait City.
Phoenix won’t be the only city seeing higher temperatures. The organization predicted northern cities like Saint Paul, Minn., and Boston will see highs more often felt in southern states like Texas and Florida.
On average, summer heat is projected to warm 7-10°F, though some cities will have summers 12°F warmer than they are now.
The study did not include humidity or dewpoint in its temperature analysis and assumes greenhouse gas emissions increase as they have over the past few decades.
To explore more predicted temperature increases, check out the interactive map below.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food