PHOENIX — If you think this summer in Arizona has been bad, wait until 2100.
According to a new report from Climate Central, average summer high temperatures in Phoenix will increase about 10 degrees in the next century.
If Climate Central’s prediction is accurate, Phoenix’s average summer high will be 114, similar to that currently measured in Kuwait City.
Phoenix won’t be the only city seeing higher temperatures. The organization predicted northern cities like Saint Paul, Minn., and Boston will see highs more often felt in southern states like Texas and Florida.
On average, summer heat is projected to warm 7-10°F, though some cities will have summers 12°F warmer than they are now.
The study did not include humidity or dewpoint in its temperature analysis and assumes greenhouse gas emissions increase as they have over the past few decades.
To explore more predicted temperature increases, check out the interactive map below.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development