PHOENIX — Maricopa County sheriff’s deputies have discovered the body of a dog buried in the backyard of a pet-care facility where 20 other dogs died last month.
Deputies with search warrants returned Wednesday to a Gilbert
boarding facility where the dogs were found dead of heat exhaustion in June.
The Green Acre Cage Free boarding facility is being investigated in connection with the deaths nearly two dozen dogs.
The animals reportedly died of heat exhaustion when one dog chewed through the
air conditioner’s power cord after caregivers had left the facility for the
On the most recent visit, authorities checked the air conditioner and its power supply and dug up sections of the yard, finding another dog body. Authorities also seized records and computers.
The business closed shortly after the deaths.
KTAR’s Jim Cross and The Associated Press contributed to this article.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon