PHOENIX — The National Weather Service has cancelled dust and thunderstorm warnings for the Phoenix metro area Tuesday.
Maricopa and Pinal counties are under a Dust Storm Warning until 10:00 p.m. coupled with low visibility, particularly for the Phoenix metro area.
The dust storm warning was cancelled shortly before 9:30 p.m., but motorists are still to be on alert.
927p: Dust Storm Warning is canceled, but can still expect pockets of blowing dust/limited vsbys across the SE Valley next hr or so. #azwx
— NWS Phoenix (@NWSPhoenix) July 9, 2014
Southern Maricopa County, which includes Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Gila Bend and Chandler, was issued a flood advisory for urban and small streams until 11:00 p.m.
A separate thunderstorm warning was also issued for Maricopa County until 9:11 p.m.
Earlier in the evening, blowing dust put areas just north of Casa Grande at zero visibility, especially along Interstate 8 and Interstate 10.
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain