PHOENIX — The National Weather Service has cancelled dust and thunderstorm warnings for the Phoenix metro area Tuesday.
Maricopa and Pinal counties are under a Dust Storm Warning until 10:00 p.m. coupled with low visibility, particularly for the Phoenix metro area.
The dust storm warning was cancelled shortly before 9:30 p.m., but motorists are still to be on alert.
927p: Dust Storm Warning is canceled, but can still expect pockets of blowing dust/limited vsbys across the SE Valley next hr or so. #azwx
— NWS Phoenix (@NWSPhoenix) July 9, 2014
Southern Maricopa County, which includes Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Gila Bend and Chandler, was issued a flood advisory for urban and small streams until 11:00 p.m.
A separate thunderstorm warning was also issued for Maricopa County until 9:11 p.m.
Earlier in the evening, blowing dust put areas just north of Casa Grande at zero visibility, especially along Interstate 8 and Interstate 10.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development