PHOENIX — The Coconino and Kaibab National Forests and Grand Canyon National Park will lift all fire restrictions starting July 8.
Fire restrictions are typically lifted when at least half an inch of precipitation has been received on over more than two-thirds of the forests.
Coconino and Kaibab have received double that amount of precipitation, which has rapidly decreased fire danger from “extreme” last week to “moderate.”
Monsoonal weather patterns in the Grand Canyon area have also decreased any potential for triggering flames.
The Kaibab National Forest will also reopen the Bill Williams Mountain Watershed on the Williams Ranger District tomorrow morning, which had been closed to public entry due to wildfire risk.
The National Park Service recommends visitors to continue to be fire aware and use extra care when visiting the public lands.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development