PHOENIX — The Coconino and Kaibab National Forests and Grand Canyon National Park will lift all fire restrictions starting July 8.
Fire restrictions are typically lifted when at least half an inch of precipitation has been received on over more than two-thirds of the forests.
Coconino and Kaibab have received double that amount of precipitation, which has rapidly decreased fire danger from “extreme” last week to “moderate.”
Monsoonal weather patterns in the Grand Canyon area have also decreased any potential for triggering flames.
The Kaibab National Forest will also reopen the Bill Williams Mountain Watershed on the Williams Ranger District tomorrow morning, which had been closed to public entry due to wildfire risk.
The National Park Service recommends visitors to continue to be fire aware and use extra care when visiting the public lands.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier