PHOENIX — A three-hour manhunt in Phoenix came to end Monday after police arrested a man accused of ramming a truck into a officer’s car.
George Glockner, 23, was captured in an industrial area near 27th Avenue and McDowell Road. He was charged with aggravated assault of a police officer Two SWAT teams and officers from the Department of Public Safety had cornered the man inside a warehouse. He was found outside hiding in a vehicle around 9 a.m.
DPS said an officer tried to make a traffic stop near Thomas Road and Interstate 17, but Glockner, 23, of Mesa, used the truck to ram the officer’s car and then drove away.
An officer fired several rounds at Glockner backed the truck up onto the hood of the officer’s car during his escape.
Authorities said he was originally stopped because of suspended license plates on the truck.
The officer was treated for superficial injuries.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America