PHOENIX — A three-hour manhunt in Phoenix came to end Monday after police arrested a man accused of ramming a truck into a officer’s car.
George Glockner, 23, was captured in an industrial area near 27th Avenue and McDowell Road. He was charged with aggravated assault of a police officer Two SWAT teams and officers from the Department of Public Safety had cornered the man inside a warehouse. He was found outside hiding in a vehicle around 9 a.m.
DPS said an officer tried to make a traffic stop near Thomas Road and Interstate 17, but Glockner, 23, of Mesa, used the truck to ram the officer’s car and then drove away.
An officer fired several rounds at Glockner backed the truck up onto the hood of the officer’s car during his escape.
Authorities said he was originally stopped because of suspended license plates on the truck.
The officer was treated for superficial injuries.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this article.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night