PHOENIX — The city of Scottsdale is looking for a new batch of friendly faces for its Downtown Scottsdale Ambassador program.
“Right now we have about 88 ambassadors and we’re looking for more,” said Joy Racine with the city of Scottsdale.
Racine added that ambassadors are stationed downtown and act as a concierge for residents and visitors to the area.
“They’re just a welcoming face for residents and visitors and tourists to the area, they help provide all those residents with information on what to do, where to stay, where to eat, special events that are going on,” Racine said. “So they’re just wealth of knowledge and information.”
The city is seeking about 20 new volunteers who will work about two shifts per month, with each shift lasting about two to three hours.
“So not too long, they are outside though,” Racine said. “They are standing and outside.”
As volunteers for the city of Scottsdale, applicants will be fingerprinted and background checked before becoming ambassadors.
Otherwise, Racine said the only other qualification is friendliness.
“We just want someone who’s friendly and happy and willing to talk to anybody that comes up to them,” she said.
For questions or more information on the program, people can call (480)-312-2342 or email Racine at email@example.com.
To fill out an application visit https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/downtown/dtambassadors.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon