PHOENIX — The city of Scottsdale is looking for a new batch of friendly faces for its Downtown Scottsdale Ambassador program.
“Right now we have about 88 ambassadors and we’re looking for more,” said Joy Racine with the city of Scottsdale.
Racine added that ambassadors are stationed downtown and act as a concierge for residents and visitors to the area.
“They’re just a welcoming face for residents and visitors and tourists to the area, they help provide all those residents with information on what to do, where to stay, where to eat, special events that are going on,” Racine said. “So they’re just wealth of knowledge and information.”
The city is seeking about 20 new volunteers who will work about two shifts per month, with each shift lasting about two to three hours.
“So not too long, they are outside though,” Racine said. “They are standing and outside.”
As volunteers for the city of Scottsdale, applicants will be fingerprinted and background checked before becoming ambassadors.
Otherwise, Racine said the only other qualification is friendliness.
“We just want someone who’s friendly and happy and willing to talk to anybody that comes up to them,” she said.
For questions or more information on the program, people can call (480)-312-2342 or email Racine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To fill out an application visit https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/downtown/dtambassadors.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.