PHOENIX — The San Juan Fire in northeastern Arizona appears to be on its last legs.
A Facebook page was created for the wildfire, and a post Saturday reported the blaze was 95 percent contained, but that the flames still comprise nearly 7,000 acres.
The fire originated on Thursday, June 26, about 18 miles southeast of Show Low. It has been burning on the White Mountain Apache Reservation and the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests. Officials determined it to be human-caused.
Nearly 200 personnel continue to work the scene, and officials are aiming to fully contain the blaze by Friday, July 11.
On Thursday morning, the incident management team commander lifted evacuation orders for three communities in the area — Red Cabin Ranch, Whiting Homestead and Carlock Ranch — as well as pre-evacuation notices for Green Peak Hideaway and Hidden Meadows.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns