PHOENIX — The San Juan Fire in northeastern Arizona appears to be on its last legs.
A Facebook page was created for the wildfire, and a post Saturday reported the blaze was 95 percent contained, but that the flames still comprise nearly 7,000 acres.
The fire originated on Thursday, June 26, about 18 miles southeast of Show Low. It has been burning on the White Mountain Apache Reservation and the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests. Officials determined it to be human-caused.
Nearly 200 personnel continue to work the scene, and officials are aiming to fully contain the blaze by Friday, July 11.
On Thursday morning, the incident management team commander lifted evacuation orders for three communities in the area — Red Cabin Ranch, Whiting Homestead and Carlock Ranch — as well as pre-evacuation notices for Green Peak Hideaway and Hidden Meadows.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy