PHOENIX — The San Juan Fire in northeastern Arizona appears to be on its last legs.
A Facebook page was created for the wildfire, and a post Saturday reported the blaze was 95 percent contained, but that the flames still comprise nearly 7,000 acres.
The fire originated on Thursday, June 26, about 18 miles southeast of Show Low. It has been burning on the White Mountain Apache Reservation and the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests. Officials determined it to be human-caused.
Nearly 200 personnel continue to work the scene, and officials are aiming to fully contain the blaze by Friday, July 11.
On Thursday morning, the incident management team commander lifted evacuation orders for three communities in the area — Red Cabin Ranch, Whiting Homestead and Carlock Ranch — as well as pre-evacuation notices for Green Peak Hideaway and Hidden Meadows.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development