PHOENIX — The Phoenix Fire Department responded to a first alarm fire Saturday night at a west Phoenix strip mall.
Capt. Tony Mure said Phoenix Fire got a call about heavy smoke emerging from a shopping center near 31st Avenue and Van Buren Street around 10:15 p.m.
Mure said approximately 10 companies are under the same roof, but that fire crews were able to isolate the damage “to only a few businesses.”
He said power was shut down to the entire strip mall, but that investigators worked with business owners and the utility provider to restore power to some of the businesses.
Mure reported no injuries to civilians or firefighters, and he said that the majority of the damage appears to be in the Rigo’s Locksmith shop.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets