Military veterans in Arizona will soon find Abrazo Health more accessible for health care services.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports Abrazo’s parent company, Tenet Healthcare Corp. (based in Dallas), recently struck a deal with Phoenix-based TriWest Healthcare Alliance to give veterans more opportunities to receive health care in Arizona, California, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
The deal is seen as a step in the right direction to help alleviate some of the wait times at Veterans Affairs hospitals in the aforementioned states.
The move is part of the VA’s Patient Centered Community Care Program, which allows TriWest, as a contracted provider, to partner with health systems such as Tenet to provide health services to veterans under certain circumstances, said Michele Finney, the new CEO of Abrazo Health.
Finney also said TriWest will be able to authorize services at all Abrazo facilities.
The Phoenix Business Journal also said that Tenet Healthcare is making a $100 million investment in Abrazo’s information technology infrastructure in Arizona — including electronic medical records and an upgrade of clinical and financial systems.
Abrazo Health operates six acute care hospitals and two emergency centers throughout the Valley, as well as a network of primary care and specialty physicians.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments