Military veterans in Arizona will soon find Abrazo Health more accessible for health care services.
The Phoenix Business Journal reports Abrazo’s parent company, Tenet Healthcare Corp. (based in Dallas), recently struck a deal with Phoenix-based TriWest Healthcare Alliance to give veterans more opportunities to receive health care in Arizona, California, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas.
The deal is seen as a step in the right direction to help alleviate some of the wait times at Veterans Affairs hospitals in the aforementioned states.
The move is part of the VA’s Patient Centered Community Care Program, which allows TriWest, as a contracted provider, to partner with health systems such as Tenet to provide health services to veterans under certain circumstances, said Michele Finney, the new CEO of Abrazo Health.
Finney also said TriWest will be able to authorize services at all Abrazo facilities.
The Phoenix Business Journal also said that Tenet Healthcare is making a $100 million investment in Abrazo’s information technology infrastructure in Arizona — including electronic medical records and an upgrade of clinical and financial systems.
Abrazo Health operates six acute care hospitals and two emergency centers throughout the Valley, as well as a network of primary care and specialty physicians.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets