PHOENIX — For those planning on partying like it’s 1776, revelers in the Valley have options this holiday to avoid driving home intoxicated.
Triple-A Arizona said it will be running its Tipsy Tow service this Independence Day to help people get home safely.
“It’s a free 10-mile tow and ride home, so we’ll take your car and you and up to one passenger,” said Stephanie Dembowski, public affairs specialist with Triple-A Arizona said.
With the holiday landing on a Friday, Dembowski said it’s sure to be a busy weekend for the service, so it’s still important for people to plan ahead by designating drivers or making other arraignments to get home.
“We really want people to make plans for a safe ride home in their Fourth of July plans,” she said. “If those fall through, then they can certainly call Triple-A for Tipsy Tow, and we’ll get them home safe.”
Dembowski said to consider the service as a last resort.
“We really want it to be a last resort for motorists,” she said. “As the program has gained momentum in popularity we have seen an increase in calls so we’re just happy to be able to provide this service to keep our roads safe for everyone.”
Dembowski said anyone can reach Tipsy Tow at 1-800-AAA-HELP. The service starts at 6 p.m. on Independence Day and runs until 6 a.m. on Saturday.
KTAR’s Lauren Berkley contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon