PHOENIX — For those planning on partying like it’s 1776, revelers in the Valley have options this holiday to avoid driving home intoxicated.
Triple-A Arizona said it will be running its Tipsy Tow service this Independence Day to help people get home safely.
“It’s a free 10-mile tow and ride home, so we’ll take your car and you and up to one passenger,” said Stephanie Dembowski, public affairs specialist with Triple-A Arizona said.
With the holiday landing on a Friday, Dembowski said it’s sure to be a busy weekend for the service, so it’s still important for people to plan ahead by designating drivers or making other arraignments to get home.
“We really want people to make plans for a safe ride home in their Fourth of July plans,” she said. “If those fall through, then they can certainly call Triple-A for Tipsy Tow, and we’ll get them home safe.”
Dembowski said to consider the service as a last resort.
“We really want it to be a last resort for motorists,” she said. “As the program has gained momentum in popularity we have seen an increase in calls so we’re just happy to be able to provide this service to keep our roads safe for everyone.”
Dembowski said anyone can reach Tipsy Tow at 1-800-AAA-HELP. The service starts at 6 p.m. on Independence Day and runs until 6 a.m. on Saturday.
KTAR’s Lauren Berkley contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night