PHOENIX — If the skies aren’t so friendly the next time you fly, make sure you know your rights.
Attorney Stephanie Fierro with Scottsdale-based Frutkin Law Firm said that if the airline bumps you from your flight, you may be entitled to lots of cash.
“If they can get you to your final destination within one to two hours of your original arrival time, you are still entitled to 200 percent of your ticket value, up to $250,” said Fierro.
If the delay lasts more than 2 hours,
“they will have to give you up to 400 percent of your ticket value, up to $1,300.”
It’s also important to know how to complain.
“Be professional, be courteous, and be reasonable,” she said. “Follow the normal procedures, assuming that you’ll get somewhere.”
She also said you can get cash if they lose your bags. She advised travelers to keep track of all their original travel documents, as well as receipts for anything you’ve been inconvenienced for.
“If your luggage was lost, for example, and you need to buy things because you can’t wait for them to arrive, then you need to keep receipts to be able to prove your expenses,” Fierro explained.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments