PHOENIX — If the skies aren’t so friendly the next time you fly, make sure you know your rights.
Attorney Stephanie Fierro with Scottsdale-based Frutkin Law Firm said that if the airline bumps you from your flight, you may be entitled to lots of cash.
“If they can get you to your final destination within one to two hours of your original arrival time, you are still entitled to 200 percent of your ticket value, up to $250,” said Fierro.
If the delay lasts more than 2 hours,
“they will have to give you up to 400 percent of your ticket value, up to $1,300.”
It’s also important to know how to complain.
“Be professional, be courteous, and be reasonable,” she said. “Follow the normal procedures, assuming that you’ll get somewhere.”
She also said you can get cash if they lose your bags. She advised travelers to keep track of all their original travel documents, as well as receipts for anything you’ve been inconvenienced for.
“If your luggage was lost, for example, and you need to buy things because you can’t wait for them to arrive, then you need to keep receipts to be able to prove your expenses,” Fierro explained.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again