PHOENIX — Oh, it’s on.
The Mesa Police Department has officially put the pressure on other departments to participate in an online dare known as the “ice water challenge.”
Participants are asked to jump into a pool of ice-cold water. After doing so, they dare five others to do the challenge or donate money to charity.
The challenge has made its way around the web and not even police departments are immune. Mesa Public Information Officer Sgt. Tony Landato was challenged by a colleague in Washington and he completed it. After doing so, he dared other Valley departments to take the plunge.
Landato seemed particularly focused on Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos and specifically called him out on Twitter.
— Sgt. Tony Landato (@MesaPDPIO) July 3, 2014
Landato’s chosen charity for the ice water challenge is the 100 Club of Arizona, which helps the families of fallen first responders.
Editor’s note: The video is difficult to hear because of wind.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development