PHOENIX — Oh, it’s on.
The Mesa Police Department has officially put the pressure on other departments to participate in an online dare known as the “ice water challenge.”
Participants are asked to jump into a pool of ice-cold water. After doing so, they dare five others to do the challenge or donate money to charity.
The challenge has made its way around the web and not even police departments are immune. Mesa Public Information Officer Sgt. Tony Landato was challenged by a colleague in Washington and he completed it. After doing so, he dared other Valley departments to take the plunge.
Landato seemed particularly focused on Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos and specifically called him out on Twitter.
— Sgt. Tony Landato (@MesaPDPIO) July 3, 2014
Landato’s chosen charity for the ice water challenge is the 100 Club of Arizona, which helps the families of fallen first responders.
Editor’s note: The video is difficult to hear because of wind.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them