PHOENIX — Police will be out in force this weekend looking for drivers who have had too much to drink.
Alberto Gutier, with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, said police departments all over Arizona will be stepping up with DUI Saturation patrols.
“We have about 78 police agencies participating, plus all of the highway patrol districts in the state, through the DPS,” said Gutier.
He said that DUI statistics from throughout the year, not just the Fourth of July, show that some people just aren’t getting the message not to drink and drive.
“Through 2013, we still did 31,000 DUI arrests,” Gutier said. “How sad. That shouldn’t be that kind of a number.”
Gutier said that cops don’t want to spoil your holiday.
“We just want to make sure that they get where they’re going safely and come back home safely,” explained Gutier. “That’s the key.”
Gutier said that you’ve been warned. If you drink and drive, cops are out looking for you this weekend.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food