PHOENIX — Police will be out in force this weekend looking for drivers who have had too much to drink.
Alberto Gutier, with the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, said police departments all over Arizona will be stepping up with DUI Saturation patrols.
“We have about 78 police agencies participating, plus all of the highway patrol districts in the state, through the DPS,” said Gutier.
He said that DUI statistics from throughout the year, not just the Fourth of July, show that some people just aren’t getting the message not to drink and drive.
“Through 2013, we still did 31,000 DUI arrests,” Gutier said. “How sad. That shouldn’t be that kind of a number.”
Gutier said that cops don’t want to spoil your holiday.
“We just want to make sure that they get where they’re going safely and come back home safely,” explained Gutier. “That’s the key.”
Gutier said that you’ve been warned. If you drink and drive, cops are out looking for you this weekend.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.