PHOENIX — The Arizona Distilling Co. has been awarded Silver at the Gin Masters 2014 competition held in London.
According to the Spirit Business, the competition is held each year as a way to reward the finest brands on the world stage.
Winners are recognized in category, region, age and design and packaging of their gin by a panel of experts and specialists through a blind tasting.
Each spirit is judged independently on a global standard of quality and then awarded a Silver, Gold or Master medal based on the aroma, flavor and appearance.
Rodney Hu from the Arizona Distilling Co. said on Facebook he is honored to receive the award on a world stage.
“Our goal has always been to showcase Arizona and highlight something that is unique about it as well as educate the public about things like the botanicals that are sourced locally and to create a balanced gin that would be appreciated by spirit drinkers around the world.”
Arizona Distilling Co. was recognized in the microdistillery category, which featured almost 100 microdistilleries from around the world.
The top Master medal was awarded to the City of London Distillery for their City of London Dry Gin.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon