PHOENIX — The Arizona Distilling Co. has been awarded Silver at the Gin Masters 2014 competition held in London.
According to the Spirit Business, the competition is held each year as a way to reward the finest brands on the world stage.
Winners are recognized in category, region, age and design and packaging of their gin by a panel of experts and specialists through a blind tasting.
Each spirit is judged independently on a global standard of quality and then awarded a Silver, Gold or Master medal based on the aroma, flavor and appearance.
Rodney Hu from the Arizona Distilling Co. said on Facebook he is honored to receive the award on a world stage.
“Our goal has always been to showcase Arizona and highlight something that is unique about it as well as educate the public about things like the botanicals that are sourced locally and to create a balanced gin that would be appreciated by spirit drinkers around the world.”
Arizona Distilling Co. was recognized in the microdistillery category, which featured almost 100 microdistilleries from around the world.
The top Master medal was awarded to the City of London Distillery for their City of London Dry Gin.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments